8 Systems Analysis & Design
The syllabus says that you should be able to:
- describe different methods of researching a situation;
- state the need for recording and analysing information about the current system;
- state the need for identifying features of the existing system.
- state the need for producing designs;
- produce designs to solve a given problem;
- chose the method of verification.
- understand that the system is created from the designs and then tested;
- describe testing strategies;
- understand that improvements could be needed as a result of testing.
- describe the different methods of system implementation;
- identify suitable situations for the use of different methods of system implementation, giving advantages and disadvantages of each.
- identify the components of technical documentation for an information system;
- identify the components of user documentation for an information system.
- explain the need for evaluating a new system;
- state the need for a variety of evaluation strategies.